Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Irises: what to plant at base of iris, 1 by zacattack

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright zacattack

In reply to: what to plant at base of iris

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of what to plant at base of iris
zacattack wrote:
BlissfulGarden... glad you like the stones, Thanks for the nice comment. I like the sound of what you and your husband did to your pool deck. Very creative. I think the brick expansion joints, such as you've done, really improve the look of a deck. And you sure can't beat the cost! I didn't do any of the work on my pool... all by contract. The pool is about 25 years old, and it had several plumbing leaks under the deck, as well as obsolete/poor equipment, coping, tile, plaster... you name it. We took everything out but the gunite shell, which tested good. Seems they did better work years back. If you decide to do some major work I highly recommend the automated controls that run everything for the pool as well as other outside electrical needs/wants from inside the house. A luxury that is well worth the $.

We have the same fence ordinance as you describe, but I as dug deeper, I found that fences over six feet, or if the runners are spaced over 40" apart (I think that is the distance) you can put the pretty side of the fence inside. You may want to check on this. The City of Fort Worth has adopted the national building code, which I think a lot of Cities have, so you may have the same opportunity. Our fence is eight feet at the back, about seven at the front.

We also decided to extend the fence to take in the side yard all the way to the front of the house (building line) This is legal too. Previously the side yard served little purpose, but it is now a safe, secluded play area for the grandkids. Here's a photo of the front of the fence. We had a standard type door build, and installed a deadbolt, so no one can get in, and the kids can't get out.

Good to hear from you... Dan