Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Weather: October Daily Weather, What's happening in your yard?, 1 by marsue

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright marsue

In reply to: October Daily Weather, What's happening in your yard?

Forum: Weather

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of October Daily Weather, What's happening in your yard?
marsue wrote:
Kiska: thanks but no thanks on the snow and ice. LOL If there were "ditch divers" up in your area, you should come down south and see what happens when we have even 1" inch of snow--and don't even mention ice on the roads!!
Ric: my DH finally gave up his search for the ultimate "TOY" after he nearly killed himself in a race car 11 years ago. Of course, a plasma TV is a lot less dangerous to one's physical well-being than a race car! However, you could always suffer from "remote thumb"--the arthritis you get in your thumb from flipping through the channels!! LOL
Sidney: I didn't even know "they" made yellow knock-outs. So pretty!
Celia: that MG looks as if it is glowing on the inside!
Sharon: you are doing a good job at keeping the birds well fed! Hope you are feeling better today!

We finally got some rain in our neighborhood--it rained off and on all night and more is called for today. The plants and trees are saying "THANK YOU!"
High today supposed to be 75º.

I found this in one of the pots on my back porch. It has been tentatively ID'd as "Euphorbia cyathophora" or, in plain English, some type of poinsettia. I have never seen one with the oak-leaf shape like this. I have no idea where it came from--perhaps planted by a bird?

edited to add: make a correction to that ID. It is: Euphorbia heterophylla L.
Mexican fireplant (aka "Summer Poinsettia)

This message was edited Oct 7, 2008 9:44 AM