Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Weather: October Daily Weather, What's happening in your yard?, 1 by marsue

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright marsue

In reply to: October Daily Weather, What's happening in your yard?

Forum: Weather

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of October Daily Weather, What's happening in your yard?
marsue wrote:
Marylyn, from your photos, it definitely looked like a "big wind" (understatement) blew through your neighborhood! It also appeared that you and your family made the best of a bad situation--staying cool in the pool, drawing on the sidewalk, playing with flashlights, etc. I'm so glad there was no major damage to your home. Your street certainly looked different after all the debris was picked up--very peaceful looking, which I am sure was a great contrast to when Ike blew through!
Celia: some people just never learn how to drive, do they? Glad everybody was watching out for that person because she certainly wasn't paying attention, it would seem! Have fun with your friend this week-end!
Rann: that was certainly a "spread" that you had for Selma's birthday? Can you call her a "pre-teen" now that she is 10?
Sharon: didn't you know that Floridians aren't supposed to get colds--the weather is supposed to be too nice down there!! Feel better soon! About your rose--it must be time to do some pruning. Some of mine are getting leggy, too, but I will probably wait until after the first frost to prune them. However, since you are not supposed to have frost in Florida, I don't know when you should prune yours. You may need to "google" that information. The cardinal is beautiful!
Mattsmom, kiska and Rann--please make sure you keep your snow/ice, etc., up north, please!
Sidney: I don't have any secrets on the fan flower--except that it is planted in a bed that was made with a lot of horse manure!! I don't know if it is an annual or a perennial but I hope it will come back in the spring and spread out under all of my roses. That was my original intent when I bought it. By the way, how is TF doing these days? We miss having her post over here on the weather thread.
Kiska; hope your DGS is doing well after the appendectomy. These new surgical procedures are amazing and they certainly cut down on the recovery time! Pretty sunset coming through those trees.

Currently 81º but it feels cooler than that to me--probably because of the low humidity. It has been overcast all day-supposed to get some rain after midnight tonight. We can use it.

Mexican Hydrangea