Mid-Atlantic Gardening: October...blooms?, 1 by Gitagal

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

In reply to: October...blooms?

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of October...blooms?
Gitagal wrote:
Every morning I get yp, I feel the "crunch" of upcoming cold weather. Tonight is supposed to be in the mid-40's north of the beltway....OUCH! Still lots to do and not much time to do it....

Have to drag in my big plant stand into my basemenr. this holds all my 6-7 pots of Amaryllis. These should have been brought in long ago--as it is--at this pace, they will only bloom in Feb. or March!

Have to dig up and pot up my better, fuller Dragon Wing Begonias and bring them in. I do this every year. They look sad by the end of Winter, but perk up nicely once planted outside. I might have 4 I am digging up.....

So sad about my BIG Brugmansias! They grew huge! I have taken cuttings and they are bubbling away--but I just don't have room in the basement to drag in all the big plants themselves. I will save the Rose Souvelons in a dormant state.

DOES ANYONE WANT TO COME GET THE PEACHES AND CREAM AND THE TALL FOREVERMOHR ONE???? PLEASE!!!!!
They are in big pots which are half-buried in the ground. If you have room in your basement--they can exist in a dormant state. If you have a sun-room, they will continue activly growing/blooming.

Here's the ForeverMohr one. Finally bloomed a week ago.