Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

In reply to: October...blooms?

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of October...blooms?
Gitagal wrote:
rcn,

Thank you for sharing all your beautiful Begonias with us. You sure have many!

Sounds like Rick is the main gardener there.....:o) Must be your favorite plant! The Cissus discolor------I have seldom seen that one except when i was working for a grower for a year and a half. He grew it in HB's and the leaves just would all turn outward and the whole basket looked like a shimmering waterfall.
One of my jobs was to keep twining the long runners in and out and around the wire hangers so it was always solid with leaves. We also took cuttings and rooted them to make new baskets.
He called it "Tapestry Vine".

I have always had the Beefsteak Begonia that you have sitting on the stand you found in the dumpster. I have propagated SOOO many of this plant from single leaves and broken off sections. Easy, beautiful plant.....

OK! Took my camera out yesterday to capture the last of the blooms still in my Garden.
The weather has sure held beautifully so far---but the "whammy" could come any day now.

Here's my Mama Beefsteak. Sad thing--ALL those huge leaves it grows outside in the Summer will deteriorate inside and I will have to pull them off, leaving the smaller ones....This happens every year.