Mid-Atlantic Gardening: October...blooms?, 1 by rcn48

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rcn48

In reply to: October...blooms?

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of October...blooms?
rcn48 wrote:
Quoting:did ya know sweet potato foliage is edible?

LOL, obviously the groundhog liked it :(( I just couldn't believe it when I saw it - it was so beautiful, flowing over the edges of the container and every single leaf was gone! I too was going for the purple and chartreuse 'theme' but the groundhog quickly put an end to this combo!

Gita, more beautiful photos :) This is my first Brug and I'm not sure how much longer I'll keep it around. It's about 5' tall this year and if I'm going to grow one I want one like yours!

claypa, there are more Tricyrtis that haven't even bloomed yet! A couple more yellows and T. lasiocarpa which is a vigorous grower and more of a true blue bloom. Your Heleniums are looking gorgeous! Mine suffered this year from the drought and even though they bloomed the foliage looks really pathetic :(

Pets? Did someone say pets? Addy's doing a fine job of double digging there! LOL Phoebe isn't too happy with me - the beech in this picture has been her favorite place to relax in the shade while I've been working in the gardens this summer. I finally had the opportunity to finish the plantings around the base of the tree and now I have to chase her out regularly. Unfortunately she managed to flatten the Ostrich Ferns before I did :( She's been ordered to lay IN the path now!