Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Vines and Climbers: Tropical vine suggestions..., 1 by seedpicker_TX

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright seedpicker_TX

In reply to: Tropical vine suggestions...

Forum: Vines and Climbers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Tropical vine suggestions...
seedpicker_TX wrote:
Roberta-
yes, that bauhinia corymbosa was one that I grew from seed. They are pretty easy from seed, and seem to be easier to find than the plants. I get bored in the wintertime, and seem to find more time to browse ebay for seeds, lol...

We convert our back patio into a seasonal greenhouse each year, so seeds gives me something to play with over the winter.

I've never fertilized my clero, ...in fact, I don't drag out the fertilizer for pretty much anything...I didn't recommend the clero, because they get to be a monster for me in zone 8, so I figure in zone 10, they'd eat Kat's pergola,... AND house, lol...

This one is planted on the north side of my house, with diffused soutern exposure brightness...it has never NOT been in bloom. It blooms the most during Christmas for me, but is also in bloom to a lesser degree, any other month of the year...

Here is a picture of the violet-bracted c. delectum, when it was only a year old...