Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tropicals & Tender Perennials: She's about to... #22, 1 by lilsista59

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright lilsista59

In reply to: She's about to... #22

Forum: Tropicals & Tender Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of She's about to... #22
lilsista59 wrote:
I was also treated differently by my mom....
But only because for 12 years with 4 kids I was her only baby girl and also the baby then my little brother came along.
I always asked if I was adopted too.
Even packed my bags at 7 and ran away to my GP's house..
After I grew up I found out she followed me everystep of the way...
I always wanted a sister...but it wasn't to be...Closest thing to it and probably the best is my baby brothers wife.
She's my sis...But they live in Va. now...
I lost my mom 21 years ago.... way to early in life..
She was my Best Friend... My Hero and as my DH says An Angel put on earth....
We had a special relationship...a sort of mental telepathy thing that has passed on somewhat to my DD
We'd be thinking of each other and the phone would always ring...
She made me promise her that if anything ever happened to her that I'd take care of my baby brother and dad
He was 16 so I finished raising him and my dad passed away in 1999....
You don't know what you had until it's gone... Then it's too late to say "I'm sorry" or "I Love You"
Thankfully I realized when I got older and had her for my best friend for the time that was left.
Here's a pic of us in NYC I took her to her first Broadway Show "Sugar Babies" then out to eat for her BD
I was around 20 then...Almost 30 years ago...
And also a Poem she wrote me for my 25th BD... I have both originals in a frame upstairs in my room..
My most valued possession..
A day doesn't go by that I don't think of her... a day doesn't go by that I tell my DD that I love her too...
No matter what unconditional..That's one of the greatest gifts my mom gave me...It has helped get me though
6 DSK's and a DD and now GK's and 27 years with the DH.. "Unconditional Love"...
I may not like their actions but they know no matter what I still love them...
My mom always said "I may not always like you..But i'll always love you..."
And somehow that makes all the difference...
She visits me every year Via a Kadydid..So I know she's close watching over me...
Sorry for the soapbox....But I envy all of you's who still have your momma's
But I wouldn't trade one second of my time with mine for anything in the world..except to maybe say one more
"I Love You"
My DD's song at her wedding to me was
"Somebody's Hero"