Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: "Sitting Deck" , 1 by rcn48

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rcn48

In reply to: "Sitting Deck"

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of "Sitting Deck"
rcn48 wrote:
doc, sally's right it's a River Birch, and right again - Betula nigra 'Heritage' http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/78752/. Planted about 10 years ago and although I love it, we've had problems in recent years with the aphids and black sooty mold that falls on everything below it. We're planning to treat it next year early with something that will hopefully help because the black film on everything is absolutely disgusting :(

hart, if you're following, this one's for you :) Continuing to the right of the Crepe Myrtles is where I FINALLY planted all the new Euphorbias! Counterclockwise: Royal Velvet, Rudolph, Shorty with Caryopteris 'Summer Sorbet' behind them. Second photo: one more Rudolph, Glacier Blue and Bonfire. Third photo: planted Yucca 'Sapphire Skies' and Y. 'Bright Edge' in back with Eucomis 'Sparkling Burgundy' and Sedum 'Angelina' at the base. The mound of Lamb's Ears on the far right was planted last year. Fourth photo: the combination planted in the fall of 2007 and one I've posted pictures of before. Albizia 'Summer Chocolate' in the middle with Hypericum 'Brigadoon' at the base with more Eucomis - this time 'Oakhurst' - growing up through it. I love these Eucomis and wanted more planted because they've done so well in this area. I hope the combo with the blue and green/gold Yuccas will prove to be a good combination as well.