Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Flowers in the garden #3, 1 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: Flowers in the garden #3

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Flowers in the garden #3
weed_woman wrote:
The gum bark varies, as each species ahs different types, i.e stringy, papery and flakey. I don't mind the flakey stuff, but the stringy stuff comes off in pieces up to 3mtres long! Its just messy really. Mostly too big to mow up.
I'm sooo glad I don't have to bring plants in for the change of season. I can't remember how it was when living in a cooler climate, because I wasn't really into plants then anyway.
Yes Terri, I have the yellow one, (evening primrose) but this pink one was given to me with the same name. I should put it in the ID forum and see what it really is. Later! The Clivias are a bit like an Agapanthus in the bulbous root. They grow very well from seed, and form clumps also, which devide easy. They are quite shade and drought tolerant, so perfect for under trees.
I've got alot in flower, but most you have seen already. I got one foxglove self seeded, and it's almost out in bloom.
Here is part of the Bromeliad garden today. Some of the old bromeliad flowers look even better than when they were in full bloom!