Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Brooklyn container Garden, 1 by GordonHawk

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright GordonHawk

In reply to: Brooklyn container Garden

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of  Brooklyn container Garden
GordonHawk wrote:
Shirley... well I do often just sit ..mostly in the night..and fall asleep right there.. .. next year.. I'll forgo the vines on the city end of the 12' tall trellis.. but a good part of it is visable..if one just stands up.. there is a higher bar deal with stools I guess also.. but it takes plant space..in the biological preserve .. If I get up there with my coffee.. inthe morning. there's so much I see to do .. and it's the best time to photograph things.. my Japaneese Morning glories get me up almost every morning... I grow them all together.. so the arrangment is diffrent every morning..
Gray... well, yes it is a roof.. I have only roof space...so evey thing is there..5 floors up.. unrestricted views all around across brooklyn on three sides.. and the fourth side..across the harbor..Statue of Liberty.. Newark airport..and Lower Manhattan.. I see from the tip.. up to the Empire State Building on 34 th to the Christler Buildingon 42 st//about the furthest uptown I can make something out.. but being up above means wind.. strong as it gets most of the time.. it was another world when I finally built a fence around it... most does come inside with me..and the HID lights help... but this year I'm building a temp winter house of 2" thick foam.. and some doublewalled polycarbonate.. and a small heater.. a savings on a constant 2000 watt light draw..I'll dropdown to maybe 2 @ 400 watts.. and a few 100 on other lights.. all of the house lighting is collor corrected spots from Finland..that's another 900 watts there.. it good plant light also.. roses.. Jap. mape trees.. rapberries..and a few shrub items.. and the lawn..mint and horsetails. stay out..
I've a street planter.. here it is today mostly morning glories..and the brug in a pot on top.. the morning glories grow across as an awanning over the door way.. and some 44' up the front of the building..real tall..