Photo by Melody

Voting Booth: The garden decor in my neighborhood is mostly..., 1 by amuckey

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright amuckey

In reply to: The garden decor in my neighborhood is mostly...

Forum: Voting Booth

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of The garden decor in my neighborhood is mostly...
amuckey wrote:
Good morning,

I had to go with nonexistent. We live in a small town of approximately 350 people. The majority of people just mow and leave it at that. There's a few who do a beautiful job of landscaping and have those "nicely manicured" looking lawns, but for the most part there's not a lot of "YARD ART" or garden decor.

We just moved into this house a little over 2 1/2 years ago and I really just started this summer trying to make the yard more appealing to the eye. We have approximately and acre and a quarter with our house on the acre plot and a trailer on the quarter acre (just bought it a little over a year ago). The yards are joined, so we basically have one BIG yard. I've never had much yard in the past so I never really got into landscaping etc.. I have always loved roses and have tried to grow several in the past: without much success. I planted 5 new ones this year and we transplanted some OLD ones from my Great Grandmothers yard, she has been gone for years and they decided to bulldoze the house as the people who bought it didn't take care of it. I wish I knew for certain what kind the roses are. I think everyone of them bloomed red this spring. Very pretty and very fragrant.

I just keep plugging away and hope to have a BEAUTIFUL (envy of the neighborhood) yard in the future.... LOL

Here is a picture of part of our yard... Hope this isn't TOO BIG,,, I didn't size it before posting. We have some beautiful old trees, but unfortunately we had a horrible ice storm this past December. It just tore up our trees. We are still trying to get them back in shape. We hope that eventually the broken branches that we couldn't get to will stop falling and littering the yard.