Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Where are you in AU ., 1 by weedsandall

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weedsandall

In reply to: Where are you in AU .

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Where are you in AU .
weedsandall wrote:
Hi Jean, thanks for the invite, is the Tea House an actual place or a virtual chat thingy,? the only Tea House I know is in Warburton, for quilters (yes! I'm one of those too!) but as I will travel anywhere to meet new quilters, am only to happy to travel anywhere to meet fellow gardners too........

I have been buying a wonderful range of poppy seeds - every type, size colour imaginable - from Ebay. Lady in Wantirna. Anyone else a seed and plant Ebay junkie?. I've got some great stuff over the last few months. And met some great people when I've arranged pickup of some of the plants. Today, I'm actually going to leave my back garden (where all the action happens because its easier) and start tackling the front. Its full of overgrown Camellias, Rhodos, a few Azaleas huge gums, self sewn maples, and TONS and TONS of wandering jew and wire grass and sollya, and hardenbergia creeper all smothering each other to death. It hasn't been tackled for about three years now as I've been busy constantly repairing the damage and creating new gardens, out the back.

So a quick cuppa, another slice of freshly made bread and good old vegemite, and I'm off. I just hope I don't destroy any birds nests while I'm at it. Last year I trimmed back a very rambly rose and it had occupied nests in it that I inadvertantly exposed to the marauding currawongs, so spent a great deal of my time on security guard duty to help the parents protect their babies. OK so they were only blackbirds, but I LOVE my blackbirds......

I've even dug up a SLIGHTLY dated picture of me, and will show you my garden (the good bits any way) when I transfer some of my photos to PC

cheers
Margaret