Photo by Melody

Voting Booth: The garden decor in my neighborhood is mostly..., 1 by dalfyre

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright dalfyre

In reply to: The garden decor in my neighborhood is mostly...

Forum: Voting Booth

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of The garden decor in my neighborhood is mostly...
dalfyre wrote:
Interesting - I voted other because there is a mix of garden styles but only one house down the road with notable 'decor' a large shabby chic birdbath .
My place - well I am working on it but the lawns really need cutting again - spring growth is rampant right now!
Neighbour on my north boundary (the sunny side for us down under) has a wonderful garden, well tended & stocked with gorgeous rhodies & camellias.
On the South side the garden was interestingly overgrown - the new owner is in the midst of slash & burn style clearing of foliage.
I can understand him wanting more air & light but sadly he has knocked over a small but perfectly formed magnolia (nigra?).
He probably didn't realise what a desirable tree it is - I have certainly been highly desirous of it...
every time I walked past it in flower I would wish it was the other side of the fence in my yard.
I do have some decor...
consisting of one plastic frog - a house warming gift that no longer croaks as you walk past it,
a concrete dragon ( a house warming gift to myself)
& some interesting rocks strategically placed (that's my story & I am sticking to it) as accents in the garden.
And my pots of herbs and a very ugly plastic container with a rose awaiting transplant (only been here a year) on my front terrace.
cheers - Dalfyre
NZ