Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Perennials: Two color Butterfly Bush, 1 by

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright

In reply to: Two color Butterfly Bush

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Two color Butterfly Bush
wrote:
Mine gets a lot of water, so yeah maybe. I have a driphose under ground that keeps the soil moist (need that here, period.), lol -it helps with the Honeysuckle I have too. Above ground it would evaporate so I have mine 1 in. under the soil, anyhoo I digress!
I have my B.B. in a spot that gets only morning to noon sun, again, due to the heat. You probably need more sun maybe, and water, but have to watchout for the humidity for things like fungus' and rot, as the humidity is so higher there right? That drip off the sidde of the house might be it, or, it COULD even be that it is close to the house and a change in the temperature creating some reaction that way...hmmm...lots of possibilitiees. I would love for mine to self seed, I also fertilized it a lot~do you have earthworms in the soil that it is in? my soil is pretty rich, I would think yours should be too given your location? Different pic of same plant included~with Butterfly even, lol i forgot he was in there!
:D