Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Ferns, Mushrooms, Fungi and Mosses: Calling all fungi lovers/photographers!, 1 by Terri1948

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Terri1948

In reply to: Calling all fungi lovers/photographers!

Forum: Ferns, Mushrooms, Fungi and Mosses

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Calling all fungi lovers/photographers!
Terri1948 wrote:
mgarr, I have no idea what they looked like underneath, but at a guess they'd probably been well eaten by slugs as the weather here has been wet for quite a few days. Most of the ones I photographed had slug holes in them :o(

Now whether they are good to eat is something I also have no idea about. The subject of edible fungi has always scared me. I remember my Grandfather once telling me a story about some people he knew being poisoned after eating what they thought were field mushrooms, since then I've admired/photographed wild fungi but haven't had the courage (?) to ever sample them.

When my son visited Finland there was a person who was something of a fungi expert with them when they went into the forest. They collected the different edible fungi and cooked up quite a feast. When he told me what he'd done I gave him quite an 'ear-bashing' for even risking it. LOL

Here's another one I photographed at the weekend. It's a lot brighter red than my camera could pick up on.