Northeast Gardening: Roll Call - after Hanna, 1 by AYankeeCat

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright AYankeeCat

In reply to: Roll Call - after Hanna

Forum: Northeast Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Roll Call - after Hanna
AYankeeCat wrote:
I looked at the pumpkin vines on the fence and they are probably dead anyway - but I assume the pumpkins will be OK - all they have to do is not rot between now and Halloween.

I thought the air show was great. The Farmer is still flying even though he is 83! I am so gullible - I thought it was really someone who couldn't fly at the controls! The biplanes throw out rolls of TP and then went back and cut them with the plane as they fell - pretty cool. They had the balloon pop, too. As this was a RC Jamboree, they had 8 1/3 scale WWI planes flying at the same time - only one german plane, so it wasn't much of a dogfight. LOL! One of the planes was a push propelled plane where the propellor is in the middle of the plane instead of pointing out the front. I thought that was amazing.

It was hard to take pictures and get the planes in the frame because they moved so fast. At the end of the day two biplanes flying in a tight formation came zooming through the landing strip with lots of smoke. The young man working said that one of the pilots was the captain of the airstrip and he had been somewhere else doing an airshow. Those biplanes (see picture) can fly 220 mph and they fly 3 - 5 feet apart while they do the show. They were impressive!