Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Rural Gardening: New Chick Pics!!, 1 by Harmonyplace

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Harmonyplace

Subject: New Chick Pics!!

Forum: Rural Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of New  Chick  Pics!!
Harmonyplace wrote:
I just came back from feeding and i took some pictures. These are of my chicks and of some request for pen pictures and a chocolate winged Owl pigeon. I got my first mille fleur egg and there will be a pic of that as well as the mille fleurs there will also be some of chickens i didn't have pics of before.
Everything was doing great today except 1 hen shes a water pooper she had just started this i was keeping her water cleaned daily but was out most of the day one day last week and she pooped and drank it. Put up a wire cover so she couldn't get on top of the water but i found her sickly 2 days ago. I waited to see if she would improve sometimes they just get a little tummy trouble but today shes the same. So i got out the Amprol and treated the water and she will be fine in a few days. Newbie's i treated her for coccidiosis a intestinal problem caused by eating poo or drinking poo water i treated her with amprolium trade name Corrid i put it in her drinking water. The symptoms are loose watery poo and sometimes with blood in severe cases... The chicken will sit with feathers ruffled and acts cold and is very lathargic they may or may not eat but will still drink. cocidia are protozoa not a virus or disease and are impossible to control. If you need more info just ask. Let the pictures begin!!

This message was edited Sep 8, 2008 10:49 AM