Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Amaryllis and Hippeastrums: Seedling Question, 1 by rockminer

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rockminer

In reply to: Seedling Question

Forum: Amaryllis and Hippeastrums

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Seedling Question
rockminer wrote:
Wow, KK, what a generous post! These seedlings are H. striatum pollinated to a Red Lion and vice-versa. So far I've been able to keep the labels in place--lol. I have chipmunks who try to dig them out--no cats! If I were to separate and pot up all the bulblets I would have to get a much larger GH. Ther are six plants of each cross so even 12 one gallon pots will strain my space but I will still give it a go. I think that waiting till spring to repot will work. That way they will have a whole summer to grow in their spacious new home and I will have the whole summer to figure out where to put them!

My Red Lion now has four bulbs in a 3 gallon pot and blooms well. The striatum seems to be a clumper and presently has 5 flower stalks--It blooms regularly all year, never dormant. There are two new seed pods so I will no doubt be adding to my space problem soon!

Thank you so much for your time and expertise--It is greatly appreciated. I envy you your spring as we head into the fall season.

Here is the RL last March.

Bill