Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Fall Gold Plant Swap at Critter's on Sat. Sept. 20, 1 by Gitagal

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

In reply to: Fall Gold Plant Swap at Critter's on Sat. Sept. 20

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Fall Gold Plant Swap at Critter's on Sat. Sept. 20
Gitagal wrote:
Chantelle,

Yes! I do realize how much effort the Hostess has to put out for any large gathering.
I know VERY well--as I have held an end of June Mega-Cookout for 50-some people for 12 years straight! It was known as THE event of the year!
Called it quits last year. It was exhausting! Mostly cleaning the house and setting up everything out in the garden. making sure everything is taken care of and arranged. Finding 2 men to grill about 40 lbs of meats, etc

I have also held the MEGA Halloween Party for this same Group (usually 35 people) for 11 yrs. straight. Decorating--costume judges--1st prized for 5 different categories of costumes--arranging for kitchen help--etc....
Called this quits also, as of this year. So--I am no stranger hosting large get-togethers.

As for a plant Swap here--the thought has occurred to me. I certainly have the makings of a nice Swap. Shaded garden--big Patio--lots of tables---etc....
B-U-T......This all would have to wait for the time that I (1) no longer have a downstairs tenant and (2) I would be able to spend all the extra time required on the Computer to keep track of who and what and where and all that. That part scares me the most--at least if I am to use all the On-DG time I see spent from past Swaps as a precedent.

Mine would be more like---Come! Bring whatever you have! Then see what everyone else has! Trade as you wish! And--sit and eat, drink and have a nice time!
I could NEVER do all the Pre-Swap keeping track of who wants what from whom and who has what to trade. People changing their minds...adding to their lists....me not knowing any Horticultural names for anything......that seems to be an expectation.

There has to be a simpler way! IF I ever do it--it WILL be a simpler way.....

Maybe next year? Gita

This is part of my back patio