Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Canadian Gardening: What's Happening in YOUR neighborhood today pt 7, 1 by fancyvan

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright fancyvan

In reply to: What's Happening in YOUR neighborhood today pt 7

Forum: Canadian Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What's Happening in YOUR neighborhood today pt 7
fancyvan wrote:
Nice shot M.

Finally cooled off here on Tuesday, cloudy and cool since and late yesterday afternoon started to rain - stopped this morning but I think we got a good soaking.

I still havent got my new plants in the ground. Have decided to take out a small Mugo pine at the end of a bed in the back yard so I can put some peonies in there - one of the few good sunny spots in the back yard , Waiting for the arborist to come check out the torsion crack in a big branch of the Laural leaf willow and arrange to fix that and take out the mugo

Hope the weekend is better as it is open gardens for Hort members and I am gate sitting at a heritage garden in Mount Royal. Apparently they are also serving tea so we need a pleasant day - so far the forecast looks OK.

Better get out and walk the dogs and then go get cat food and then do a bit of baking - lots of zuchini so I have been baking quick breads every day and freezing.
Also freezing raspberries. I planted Patty Pan Squash this year and am quite enjoying it - even with a lt of it on the vines it is more manageable than regular zuchin which gets so big so quickly. I am thinking of having a zuchini party - everybody will have to being something made with zuchini!\

Oh and I have had purple potatoes ( no big deal taste wise) and banana potatoes which I quite liked.