Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Rocky Mountain Gardening: Help with My Big Rock Please, 1 by pajaritomt

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright pajaritomt

In reply to: Help with My Big Rock Please

Forum: Rocky Mountain Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Help with My Big Rock Please
pajaritomt wrote:
I have such a rock in my front yard left by the previous owners. They planted low junipers and cotoneaster around it so it would look like it belonged. Works pretty well and makes a nice contrast with the plants. I suspect there is very little soil in the spot where the rock is placed and that is why they put it there -- only a rock could grow there.
Here is a picture. The rock is actually quite large sticking out on either side of the juniper branch but doesn't seem that large because of the creeping plants. It actually wobbles a little if you walk on it, but nobody does probably because or the juniper -- also because it is on a hillside where nobody walks anyhow.
Someday, I may replace the juniper with a nicer plant, but for now, I have some more serious gardening challenges.

P.S. Don't you like the cleverly place tree stump behind the rock? LOL. I have never been able to figure out how to get it out without major exertion. I have decided to let it rot.

This message was edited Aug 21, 2008 8:41 AM