Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Greenhouse: heating/cooling greenhouse, 1 by maxluke

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright maxluke

In reply to: heating/cooling greenhouse

Forum: Greenhouse

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of heating/cooling greenhouse
maxluke wrote:
Thanks for the replies. The greenshouse is 8X8X15. Here is a picture. This one is from the online store, but mine looks just like it. There are two vents on the top that open by solar heat. The vents have cylinders that have mineral wax that expands to open or when it cools off it closes. I love the greenhouse so far but the simply solar greenhouse website doesn't give a lot of info on heating and cooling. I have a couple trash cans filled with water to help with temp control, but I am finding in the summer it's too hot. The misters help alot but I think I'll just try a fan to circulate the air, maybe that will be enough to cool off. I'll also just try a space heater. I appreciate the comments - I had my husband run my water and electric right into the greenhouse. If this first approach doesn't work, I'll try something different.

Another question - I have started some tomatoe and cucumber seeds from Johnny's seeds, for greenhouses. I keep seeing that the tomatoes aren't very good in a greenhouse. Don't they taste better than store bought tomatoes in winter? or do they taste like the hothouse tomatoes in the grocery stores? thanks