Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Trees, Shrubs and Conifers: Tree ID - and problem with falling leaves, 1 by jenepat

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright jenepat

Subject: Tree ID - and problem with falling leaves

Forum: Trees, Shrubs and Conifers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Tree ID - and problem with falling leaves
jenepat wrote:
I don't have a great picture of the tree in question on hand, but I'll post a series of pics that will give you an idea of the trunk, height, and leaves. In the last week this tree has begun to drop a lot of leaves (not all, but so many that it has us worried). It doesn't seem to be contained to a certain area of the tree, more all over (seems worse at the top). I thought it might be drought, but we have a sprinkler system & it's been getting water at least every 2 days. We just increased it to every day this week.

Anyhow, I have no idea what type of tree this is & I figured that's the best place to start when trying to figure out what it needs to get better.

Here's a pic of the trunk - it was actually taken to help identify the hole that you see. Which seems to be healing ok... I followed the advise of other DG'ers and just cut back a few of the rough pieces around the wound and let it continue to heal. This was about a month ago, but the wound had apparently been there for some time unnoticed.