Photo by Melody
Announcements
The Pixel County Fair is now open for entries! You have until September 11th to upload your crafts, animals and gardens HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Summer Projects - "Staycation", 1 by rcn48

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rcn48

In reply to: Summer Projects - "Staycation"

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Summer Projects - "Staycation"
rcn48 wrote:
Holly, be sure to let us know what you find at the nursery! Pam, hard to describe, but skunks "root" in the mulch or soil and leave a circular spot where they've stuck their noses in to seek grubs or whatever else they're looking for! Some nights they make a mess here :(

These are a few of the pictures I took, it's tough to give you a "feel" for what it looks like, everything's basically green AND small plus the bright morning sun washes out the color. Maybe next time I'll try it later in the day and see if that works better!

This is to the right of the path that enters from our driveway. There's quite a variety here, some Hepaticas and Ginger that we dug from our woods, small ferns, Ceratostigma 'My Love' (gold plant along the front edge), Cimicifuga 'Brunette' and a few other wildflowers planted in the back. This is also where Rick planted the Hart's Tongue Fern that I ordered and surprised him with last month :) This small area is where the voles gave Rick fits several weeks ago - five minutes after he collapsed their tunnels they were back! This is where he attacked the "moving soil" with the pitch fork and punctured the irrigation pipe :( BUT...we think he got it because the tunnels haven't reappeared! The little table in the background is where we've saved a place for a bench. We've borrowed one from another area in the gardens but I think we should look for something a little more special - maybe a birthday or Christmas present for Rick? LOL