Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Year of the rock, The Wall, 1 by HollyAnnS

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright HollyAnnS

In reply to: Year of the rock, The Wall

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Year of the rock, The Wall
HollyAnnS wrote:
The big boulders came from the neighbors land. When they built their house they dug a basement and hit these huge rocks. They piled them up along the back of their property in the hedgerow that runs between their house and ours. There were already a lot of rocks in the hedgerow as the land had been an old farm. When we were talking about what they were going to do with their yard and the hedgerow it was obvious that they didn't want the rocks so I asked if I could have them.
Not only did they give me the rocks but when they had the heavy equipment in to clean out the hedgerow they had the equipment operator move what I had wanted to my yard. Wouldn't take any money for the work either. They are huge and maybe just a little too big for the space and size of my pond but we will see. Ric keeps telling me he can move them but I keep telling him that there is a difference in moving them and placing them in a pond without tearing up the liner. We may need to get in some heavy equipment for the job. One of the rocks has this prefect dish shape with a drop off edge. It is prefect as the last rock of the waterfall before it enters the pond.
Jamie and JR taken last year after we moved the rocks over.

This message was edited Aug 11, 2008 9:57 AM