Photo by Melody
Announcements
The Pixel County Fair is now open for entries! You have until September 11th to upload your crafts, animals and gardens HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Summer Projects - "Staycation", 1 by rcn48

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rcn48

In reply to: Summer Projects - "Staycation"

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Summer Projects - "Staycation"
rcn48 wrote:
Walking down the road, this is the view you see driving by from the other direction. Some of this was planted last year as a start - the plan is for the shrubs and conifers to grow up and provide a screen for privacy. I wish I had a "before" picture of this when Rick first started last year. In 2006 he spent a long time pruning up the Pines, cutting down shrubs and trees which were suffering because of too much shade and then lined all the brush on the bank to keep the weeds down - what a mess! Some of the people driving by in the past year have stopped when he's out there working to tell him how much nicer it looks :)

I've got to try to get some pictures today to show you what the area looks like "after" planting as well as what else we've added in the area. Everything just started coming together and before we knew it, we cleaned up another mess in the adjoining bed and along the edge of the woods and kept planting and we're not done yet!