Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: FLOWER TEA HOUSE #3, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: FLOWER TEA HOUSE #3

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of FLOWER TEA HOUSE  #3
77sunset wrote:
Hello everyone. Nice to see you MyaC. I 'm glad someone came in to eat the cakes or I would have given them to the magpies.
We were expecting exceptionally cold weather overnight as hubby got a weather warning on his CFA pager. They were warning of even snow down to 400 metres. Thankfully none of the weather has eventuated so far. It is still freezing cold , but a heat wave at 4C compared with the last few mornings of around 1C.
I will venture out later as the sky looks like it may clear up a bit. We did have showers all day yesterday. I have been trying to get out and build a frame for my Dragon fruit but it will be a while before they need it so it will wait til warmer weather.
I spent most of the day yesterday, reading. I was able to get a few books from the library last week. A couple of murder thrillers by Harlan Coben and Lee Child, plus a couple of others.
I also like doing crosswords and other puzzles so sometimes buy a book of them.
I am going to sit inside for a while today too , until the temp gets up a bit. No use getting freezing toes and fingers unnecessarily.
Poor you, Sue. Neighbours can be a real pain sometimes. We are lucky being out of town , our neighbours are a bit further away, though not far enough for me.
We have the closest one about 100yards down the road. They have 2 dogs that bark at anything plus 3 others that visit very often . The 5 run all over the place barking non stop. You can't do anything because they are on their own place.
The owner is nearly as bad with his tractor. He drives it around nearly every day. Must have money to burn with the fuel prices as high as they are.
I hope your Broms are all okay Sue.
We still have 2 piles of branches out in the paddock to burn. I may wait until the wind is blowing in just the right direction down the road. Heh heh !!!!
My fingers are getting cold, time to get back near the warm. Thank you for the lovely Iris Sue.
What about some Marble Cake ?
Jean