Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: FLOWER TEA HOUSE #3, 1 by Awchid

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Awchid

In reply to: FLOWER TEA HOUSE #3

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of FLOWER TEA HOUSE  #3
Awchid wrote:
Hi there Jean and Sue, now there is a cake I could really go for,I love rhubarb especially rhubarb crumble. I have been in and out, have
been busy doing some work inthe garden for a change, the last few days were pretty good so cleaned out one garden the only things I couldn't get out need a chainsaw. Cleaned out all the leaves blown in from park across the road so will put the mower over them then put them back as a mulch with some blood and bone. Then I mowed the lawn, then I collapsed on the couch with a cuppa. Today it's freezing cold and I am as stiff as a board also it rained most of the night. Went down to the farmers market this morning thought I might pick up a nice camellia to put in my tidy garden but nothing there, I'll have to go to a nursery. Did get another flag iris though, couldn't come home with nothing lol. Of course I do have a few things waiting to go into the garden which was one reason why I had to hurry and get it done. Now I will have to get stuck in and clean out the one on other side of the section.
Gee Sue I'm sorry your back is still giving you jip, It's a real pain, literally, bending down to the garden is usually not so bad it's straightening up again that hurts, you almost need a crane to get upright again. Believe me I really do know and on a daily basis. So
look after your back Sue, long term it's not worth it if you don't. You know the saying do as I say not as I do.lol.
Jean you were gardening all week so what did you manage to get done?? without freezing your fingers off. Did you watch the opening ceremony in China, I did and thought it was well worth the struggle to stay awake. Everything was on such a large scale, it was kind of wow!! and so colourful. I am pleased I didn't miss it... I was very surprised at the change in the Aussie uniform colour, although it is a really nice blue they didn't look like Australia, how do you like the new look. Any way no matter what the colour they will do well..
Well apart from sitting on top of the heater for the rest of the day, which is what I am doing now I am going to have to find something to do that doesn't require much movement otherwise I may come apart like an unstrung puppet. lol.. Perhaps I will go and get some lunch so will catch up with you later..
Lesley...