Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Canadian Gardening: What's Happening in YOUR neighborhood today pt 7, 1 by Bettypauze

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Bettypauze

In reply to: What's Happening in YOUR neighborhood today pt 7

Forum: Canadian Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What's Happening in YOUR neighborhood today pt 7
Bettypauze wrote:
It would be a worry..know when I was on the farm we had a pond in the back forty..put in roads for kids to drive golf carts and between the grandchildren, marked out and cleaned trails for them to walk, then same happened, bears/bears/bears so we had to stop letting them go out on their own, did purchase whistles for them to wear as I understand they don't like the high pitch..but, spoilt it for the kids...

Rain most of the way in this morning..as for home, downpoured most of the evening..did want to do a few things but ended up shortning the garbage bag filled with jeans that brother Bernie dropped off..lol..so this morning, dropped them off to him, another project completed.. I've many on my list for this weekend so could entertain myself inside if it rains...always something right...

Of course, driving in myself this morning I had to drop into Canadian Tire, car is full of shrubs..a must have right? shake my head...how can one resist 75% off...I can't...

So let's see how much of my 'to do' list I can get done....

Painted faux windows for the back shed this week at work, Cliff (neighbor) is making frame for the inserts and is away for a week so have to pass on that one..although, I want to put window boxes (have 3) so if I can alter them to fit, I'll be pleased as punch...

Have a stained glass panel that has been on craft room table since spring..don't really have anywhere to hang it so guess that's why I'm procrastinating..only about 3 hrs. and it would be done...sooo maybe this weekend...

Need 2 'Cafe' birdhouses (1 for a swap and 1 for me) that would entertain me for several hours...

Maybe another trip to Meaford, big sales at the Candle Factory (tents set up with gift items - non candle related) only about 1 1/2 drive at the cost of gas ?????$$$$???? to save $5.00 lol..but lovely nurseries along the way...

Will look to install a post so I can attach my glass flowers to tonight IF it doesn't rain.

That's my list and that's my goal..

OOOPS - edited to add....need to finish my project for "Christmas in July" swap so better sleep less/work more...

This message was edited Aug 8, 2008 10:50 AM