Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Year of the rock, The Wall, 1 by HollyAnnS

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright HollyAnnS

Subject: Year of the rock, The Wall

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Year of the rock, The Wall
HollyAnnS wrote:
Many of you have seen my posts this summer of the different projects that have come into being. Ric has made a huge effort to complete some already started projects and to start new ones. This year our largest projects all seem to have a single theme, ROCKS. We have been gathering rocks from all over our area for several projects. We have a pile of really huge boulders in the back yard that were moved from the neighbor’s yard with a dozer for a future pond.
Then there is the pile of flat rocks that had been gathered over the last few years and is now a beautiful stone walkway with its new expanded bed. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/868140/
The expanded stonewall is the last of our rock projects for this year. The idea for the new bed came from a discussion here on DG. I was looking for some planting suggestions to spruce up an old raised bed that runs along the front of my house and the idea just grew out of that discussion. Ric had built this stonewall many years ago. It is 24ft long and a little over 3ft wide. Other than the sedums and ferns it was mostly planted with annuals and then left practically empty for most of the year. I wanted a change, something a little different.