Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DreamOfSpring

In reply to: Heidi Chronicles: The Next Chapter

Forum: Wildlife

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Heidi Chronicles:  The Next Chapter
DreamOfSpring wrote:
Thanks, Debbie,

I can't recall if I tried carrots. In the past, I tried a number of different vegetables both raw and cooked all of which got very poor reviews. I'm inclined to think I did try carrots but can say for sure now. I have some of those tiny carrots in the fridge. I'll give them a try. Who knows, even if the others didn't like them, some of these guys may.

I know I tried broccoli, asparagus, and corn. Heidi did eat some of the cooked asparagus once a long time ago. Of course, there is no way to feed this large group asparagus without going broke. Although Widget will practically eat his weight in broccoli (I order him steamed broccoli and chicken when I get Chinese delivery), the raccoons didn't seem all that fond of it. Much to my surprise, they don't even seem all that excited about corn on the cob. By morning it is always gone, of course, but while I am out there it gets passed over for the cat/dog food and treats.

I went to Walmart last week and picked up a bunch of marshmallows, frosting, and grapes. The frosting was at least 50cents/can cheaper than where I usually shop, the marshmallows were about 1/2 price, and while the grapes were roughly the same as the sale price at my store, they had the red ones at the lower price vs the green ones at my store. I think the raccoons prefer the red ones, but this way I got some of each. While I prefer the quality of fruits at my usual store, I find that the raccoons seem perfectly happy with the ones from wally world, which generally are cheaper.

Reba, hmm. I like that, and she sure needs a name - badly. Reba it is. Thanks.

This is Fraidy again. She's looking over at me. I'm sitting just to the left of the table. I call this one "I love the kibble. Can I get the recipe?"