Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DreamOfSpring

In reply to: Heidi Chronicles: The Next Chapter

Forum: Wildlife

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Heidi Chronicles:  The Next Chapter
DreamOfSpring wrote:
Thank you, nanny,

Yes, she is. I am so glad that she is still with us, and I don't know just who to thank for this recent step forward in her behavior that she has begun interacting with me in this manner. I really enjoyed 'playing' with her last night.

As for the pics, I appreciate the compliment, but, honestly, I just shot these on auto. Trying to photograph raccoons in the dark against the stark white table presents a major challenge for me and for the camera. The table is just too bright, so everything else comes out almost black. Also, at times she was a bit too close, but we muddled through.

Here is a shot from after I brought the food out. As you can see she is standing full upright and can barely see over the top of the table. The table, BTW, is just one of those white plastic outdoor end tables, the cheap kind like from the home center, so it isn't very high. I have 2 tables out there right now both on the right side of my bench, this one slightly in front of my bench, the other one slightly behind it. Believe it or not, Dennis was standing upright at the other table eating from another pile of kibble. Dennis was there 1st. When Fraidy arrived, they had a little spat. I told them to 'knock it off', and just like that they calmed down and stood about 2 feet or so apart, each at her own table eating.