Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: FLOWER TEA HOUSE #3, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: FLOWER TEA HOUSE #3

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of FLOWER TEA HOUSE  #3
77sunset wrote:
Hello Lesley and anyone else having a cuppa.
Finally saw on our news about your storms over there. Not nice at all . We were thinking that sort of weather would be here last week but it went elsewhere and now I know where. Today here is fine so far but more rain is forecast. Not much though , just cold winds mainly.
I am just starting to play with pollinating my Hellebores,Lesley. The ones I already had in the garden are a very nice white with spots, a greenish pink and a couple of smaller that have not flowered. There are also some offspring popping up . The ones I bought were a lemon yellow , a pink and an experimental that has not yet flowered. I also bought a white picotee and a black a week ago. They seem to be more upright and a bit taller. It will be interesting to see what happens if seeds form. Once I have some in the shadehouse away from bees etc, I may be able to be more specific in the pollination of what with who. I was looking at a site yesterday and was amazed at the varieties. I have always liked Hellebores but never really noticed how different they are.
I would like to just experiment for my own pleasure and try for something unusual. I do like the picotee and the doubles.
Potting day today. I have some dragon fruit pieces to get in and a few cuttings from one of my lovely purple salvias. It needs a haircut and I am not going to waste the pieces. I hope Sue and Chrissy are well and warm.
Have a great weekend . Jean.

Coconut Macaroons for your cuppa.