Tropicals & Tender Perennials: July blooms!, 1 by plantladylin

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright plantladylin

In reply to: July blooms!

Forum: Tropicals & Tender Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of July blooms!
plantladylin wrote:
Oooh, I see I've missed some beautiful blooms the past few days! Wow, H. obscura is really lovely! Another fragrant one? My list is getting longer and longer.

bjf: Great bloomers you have too! Isn't it wonderful having so many all blooming at once!

I have a Krinkle 8 blooming again and the same old ds-70 and speckled leaf lacunosa. My kentiana blasted it's first bloom a few weeks ago so I didn't get to see it open, but it's getting ready to bloom again! I also found a bud on H. brevialata which hasn't bloomed much in the past year. We just had our pool and deck area redone and all the plants had been moved from one place to another so I think they got a bit perturbed with being shuffled around. And, my husband just pruned, or I should say butchered the huge Sheffelera tree just outside the screened pool enclosure so some of my hoyas got sunburned! That tree was the only shade they got from the harsh afternoon sun.

Doe41, Glad your package arrived ok. I hope everything perks up after their travels in this heat. The only hoya's I had to share were common ones but I hope you enjoy them and that they do well for you!

Here is a krimson princess