Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: FLOWER TEA HOUSE #3, 1 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: FLOWER TEA HOUSE #3

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of FLOWER TEA HOUSE  #3
weed_woman wrote:
hi all
Lesley, yes, the teatree does repel water! I use it in my pathways at home, and also in annual gardens at customers where we are constantly disturbing it when weeding (oxalis and onion weeds) so it never forms the "crust" I also use it in gardens for natives, where it needs to be relatively dry (it rains heaps here) and under palms in bromeliad gardens where rot can be a problem. Teatree breaks down rather quickly and composts into very rich soil.
For my own garden beds I use lots of different things over time, such as good ole sugar cane, woodchip and pinebark.
Hey mike, have you found any Agaves yet? and hows that one you were worried about?
Beautiful Lachenalias KK. Jean just sent me some, so hopefully I have more success with them than you chrissy! I plan to plant them under a deciduous tree to try and keep the worst of the spring/summer rains off them.
Hey Terri! thats a new one isn't it? Did they come from the Lottie, or are you picking Tony's when he's not looking! LOL Thanks for bringing them in. I can't wait for spring here to see what pops up. Lots of bulb foliage so far, a couple of small sweetpea flowers and some marigold seedlings are finally up! Chriisys flowersare Cymbidium orchids i think. Jean and I have had no luck with them, despite owning some for many years, no flowers! It's a bit of a standing joke!
How's all the moving going Chrissy! What is going on exactly? Your DH is relocating all his various car parephenalia to home, is that right? And you are getting a new shed(s) also? All I can say is "Trellis" "bouganvillea" "snail Creeper" and "Angels"!
Ok, I've got a barrow load of paperwork to do for Tafe, so if you don't hear from me, send in the bobcat!
Sue
morning view