Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Greenhouse: Does anyone have a Conservatory???, 1 by HollyAnnS

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright HollyAnnS

In reply to: Does anyone have a Conservatory???

Forum: Greenhouse

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Does anyone have a Conservatory???
HollyAnnS wrote:
Thank you Linda for responding. I am both thrilled and terrified to see this very long awaited project starting to come together. I have very large old warehouse windows. Ric collected them a good 15 years or more ago when they were tearing down a warehouse. Along with some radiators from an old house, he was thinking of using for heat. They are all glass and metal and will make a nice greenhouse. I have no greenhouse experience but my husband Ric does. Although that was more than 30 years ago. That picture I posted is from Rawlings Conservatory in Baltimore. I was down there one day after visiting several Conservatories and looked around and thought this is what I want. A tropical garden with a small pond. Of course I only have a few house plants right now and they all grow in pots. I can't even think how I will care for them in a conservatory environment. This is the spot that it will go in, against the wall. That's a kitchen window that will open into the greenhouse and a door will have to be added. It will fill the space between the lower wood-deck and the raised brick patio which is about 18 ft and I can come out as far as I want but I don't want to completely block that lower deck so I'm thinking about 12 to 14 ft at most. I think greenhouses like ponds are never big enough. LOL
It sounds like you have a nice size greenhouse what do you grow in it?