Photo by Melody

Canadian Gardening: What's in doing in your part of the country??? Pt.6, 1 by Tallulah_B

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Tallulah_B

In reply to: What's in doing in your part of the country??? Pt.6

Forum: Canadian Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What's in doing in your part of the country??? Pt.6
Tallulah_B wrote:
Thanks for the link, Grow-Jo, and yeah.......... Dahlianut, the links didn't work for me, either........ hmmmmmmmm Well, won't be able to get the passport, sorry ladies.

WONDERFUL news for me! Y'know how I tried to germinate the Datura Inoxia, and thought I failed miserably? Well, I had thrown some seeds in the back of my berm, and then planted Datura Metel there. Today I discovered about 25 Inoxia!!!! I pulled them all up, gently of course......... and planted 15 of 'em and DH has gone to get more soil so I can plant the rest!!!
These are the largest of the Dats (grow 3-4'), and I'm Thrilled. Cost me $30 for 1 Metel this spring, and lovely GrowJo gave me one, too (what a sweetheart!)!
Now I have enuff, when I get them to be larger than 2-3", that is lol - to give to friends (hello Calgary/Edmonton DG'ers!) to overwinter!! Just be careful gardeners........ they're toxic, so you don't want your pets eating them!! Apparently they're good houseplants too! I've planted them @ the back of my berm, last year, and they were a 'hit' with the neighbours.

Boy am I happy about this!!! When they get big, I'll actually have something people will want to trade for!!! Before this, all I've had were the common variety garden stuff :-)))

This message was edited Jul 26, 2008 1:50 PM