Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Trees, Shrubs and Conifers: Any hope for a Japanese Maple that was pruned to be upright?, 1 by terryr

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright terryr

In reply to: Any hope for a Japanese Maple that was pruned to be upright?

Forum: Trees, Shrubs and Conifers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Any hope for a Japanese Maple that was pruned to be upright?
terryr wrote:
Elizabeth, I know that everything you say is true. I know it. In my head. But my heart, well, that was our first home. We had it built. We brought our daughter home to that house. I had a dog for 16 yrs. that lived happily in that house and with a broken heart back in '99, I had to have her put down ;( Just so many memories and so many plants planted for a reason that might not make any sense to anyone else, but they're my stories just the same. Since our former neighbor is still very dear to me, I go to her house often. It's not hard for me to not see anything. I just happen to have that sort of eye, the kind that sees everything. I have a few complaints, yes I do. But the last people did what they did to make it their own. I don't understand why anyone would rip out plants to stick a rubbermaid shed in that spot or why anyone would chose veggies over my plants (especially a beautiful bleeding heart), but hey, it's not really my house or my yard anymore. in my heart, it will always be "my" house and "my" yard, but I know that isn't really the case. I'm too sensitive ☺ My dad likes to say I don't like change and that's not true. If "I" want it changed, then change is fine..lol.

We moved to TN in July of '03. The company that my husband worked for moved down there, so that's why we sold our first home. We bought another house and I got busy doing my thing. Brand new construction. Here's a photo taken in early '04.