Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Trees, Shrubs and Conifers: Ginkgo biloba 'Green Pagoda', 1 by ic_conifers

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ic_conifers

In reply to: Ginkgo biloba 'Green Pagoda'

Forum: Trees, Shrubs and Conifers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Ginkgo biloba 'Green Pagoda'
ic_conifers wrote:
Claire, the name was K & W Greenery and here is their website: http://www.kwgreenery.com/

We took a different route to Kenosha to visit my hubby's grandfather, and passed this place by sheer luck. Normally we drive a different way, but we wanted to stop at a brewery in New Glaurus to see if they had a beer we liked. They didn't have the beer, but I didn't care after I saw this place! Hubby was getting kind of punchy by then but I insisted that we had to stop. He went to look at the fruit trees and I wandered until I found a table OVERFLOWING with dwarf and mini conifers. I'm used to seeing about the same four Iseli minis at every nursery in town, but I swear they had at least 20 different things. Really reasonable prices, too, many things under $20. They must have given me a special deal on the ginkgo, since the pot was broken (it was really splintered, but I didn't see any damage to the tree so that didn't matter to me). They had a gorgeous dragon's eye "something" (didn't remember the name) but I didn't have room in the truck for it. I'm definitely going to make a special trip up there next May to see what they have at the beginning of the season.

Here is the first of a few pictures I took this afternoon of Ginkgo biloba 'Green Pagoda' in its new home.

Elizabeth