Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: July Blooms......Part 2 , 1 by HollyAnnS

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright HollyAnnS

In reply to: July Blooms......Part 2

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of July Blooms......Part 2
HollyAnnS wrote:
Shirley, That 'Elsa Spath' looks right to me. I'll have to go back and find what I originally ordered from the Co-ops last year. I don't think I ordered a 'Elsa Spath' but that doesn't mean that isn't what it is. LOL
Wind, Love those Aubade-oriental. It's raining here this morning hopefully it will move over to your house, too.
Hart, It is a purple/blue but it always photographs a little more blue than purple no mater what light I take the picture in. It's really a funny color sometimes you look at one of them and see purple and white and then you come out one morning and say "WOW, that is really blue". I will be collecting seeds from my MG, anyone that would like some just D-mail me and I will put you on my list. Hopefully I do well collecting seeds.
Those are very pretty daylilies.
Sally, My Cannas aren't blooming very well yet either. I have 3 that are blooming right now. I posted a few pictures of the Pink Dawn in a container it's still blooming well and there is one in the garden that is also blooming and the a couple of more that are just starting also the shorter varieties. I'd post a few pic's of them but they are pretty ratty looking right now. Link to container with Pink Dawn
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=5239282
Stormyla, This is my first year for the Tiarella also. My first one was given to me by RCN, at the Chinese dinner swap back in Feb or March. I think it was called Dark Star, very pretty and I have all ready divided it.
Here is my Passifloria. Dear thing, I grew 5 of these from seeds last summer and gave away all but this one. It's been a battle keeping it alive over the winter. Had a bad case of spider-mites and then got knocked over and broken. But it has struggled through and is very happy right now out in the Gazebo with lots of blooms coming on.