Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Hydrangeas: no blooms on Pinky Winky, 1 by bluecow

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bluecow

In reply to: no blooms on Pinky Winky

Forum: Hydrangeas

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of no blooms on Pinky Winky
bluecow wrote:
Thanks ercane.......I hope it comes around, if not this year at least next. It was beautiful last year, one of my faves. It gets quite a bit sun where it is but I did fertilize it with aluminum sulfate early in the spring when I was fertilizing the others. Recently I once again added more fertilizer hoping to produce some blooms. This time I used fish emulsifer which the rest seem to love. Do you think I should I stop adding fertilize? Maybe I am overdoing it.........just fell in love with hydrangeas a few years ago so it seems everything I do with them is hit or miss. I have over 15 now. I do not do anything with them in the winter.......no protection. Out of the 15 only 3 are giving me any grief, the Pinky Winky, an Endless Summer, and and a blushing bride. There is also an older one ( 7 years old) which bloomed profusely for me for years but this is the second year with no blooms. Spring freeze got it the last two years. This year I am going to try mulching it and giving it some protection.