Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Rural Gardening: brooder possibility what ya think, 1 by ladybugsabound2

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ladybugsabound2

In reply to: brooder possibility what ya think

Forum: Rural Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of brooder possibility what ya think
ladybugsabound2 wrote:
Your welcome Tia.....I still can't believe DH sat down, read, and responded on this 'toy'! Hee, hee is right!

Neat reuse of fridges Granny! It's fantastic that you found a way that would work for you so you can still garden.

We too, are turning into pack rats. My DH has been tearing down an old 2 story house for
over 8 months now, that someone else wanted torn down.....for free, except for labor and gas to get there. We now have lumber, windows, doors, bricks.....all kinds of stuff to use in making little critter buildings. So far we have built a brooder house and a duck/goose house for about $100 in stuff we had to go buy, the rest has come from used materials. My DH said the buildings would have easily cost over $2,000 to build new, so we couldn't be more tickled.
Also, DH goes to auctions 1 or 2 times a month. Those seem to be good for getting 1-5 boxes of 'stuff' no one else wants to mess with for $1. When he gets home, we have a lot of fun standing around the truck bed looking and thinking up ways things can be reused. Thank goodness that he puts it all away and it is for the most part organized.

Tia....I think the title of your thread and the pic was what finally 'pulled' my DH in to finally take a look!

Here is a pic of the brooder house, it is not done in this pic. DH put 1/2 inch square wire over the windows and we still need to paint. I love the size of it.......we can use it as a brooder, or change it's use later if we need to.