Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Clematis: Clematis wilting almost over night!, 1 by CountryGrl

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright CountryGrl

Subject: Clematis wilting almost over night!

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Clematis wilting almost over night!
CountryGrl wrote:
I bought two clematis late last summer to train up the trellis wall of my deck. They survived the winter and took off like crazy this spring. Both were marked as Lincoln Stars but they're not! I figured I'd let them go and see how they turned out. One is a Venosa Violacea and the other I think is an Amanda Marie. Not a combination I'm crazy about but like I said, I was going to leave them and see what they did. The VV is up to 6 foot tall already. Just the past two days though I'm seeing them wilt. The VV happened almost over night. It's blooms have closed up and wilted and the plant leaves are wilting and turning brown. The AM is starting to wilt now too. Does anyone have any idea what is happening with them? I don't see bugs, pests or such on the stems and leaves and the stalks are brown but don't look any different than my other clematis around the yard. Nothing has changed in watering patterns or such. I'd appreciate any help you can give.