Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tropical Zone Gardening: Spring for the Tropics! My vacation in my first HOME, 1 by goofybulb

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright goofybulb

In reply to: Spring for the Tropics! My vacation in my first HOME

Forum: Tropical Zone Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Spring for the Tropics! My vacation in my first HOME
goofybulb wrote:
Shari, you know that people can choose what to remember... The Grandma from my mom's side had a wonderful concept of life: remember what made you happy and you'll be happy! So most of the times I choose to remember the beautiful things from my childhood, like our garden in full bloom, climbing trees and fences and sticking the cat's head in the milk saucer so she would eat faster... running for our lives not to be kicked in the butt by my (other) Grandma's ram (male-sheep?), camping trips to the mountains, my first skiing experience, trying to learn how to swim for half of my life...
When I was a kid, things were not too bright or happy. At least for my parents (and most of their generation), who struggled so me and my sis would have a happy, normal childhood. But we were happy kids! I am old enough to remember all their sacrifices and the lack of some basic things, to be forever thankful for every little thing I had and for everything I obtained in my life. But I remember these things only to love them more and to hope that someday I'll be at least half-as-good a parent myself.
A lot has changed in the last years, and hopefully more good things are to come as well.
What never changed is that we have a beautiful country, and many of its people are nice and always happy to have you as their guest. A small country it is, but in my almost 30 years of living there, I still did not see all its beauties. Life in the big cities is always different than the rest of the country, and I would not judge Romania by how the capital looks or feels (and I was born there, LOL!), so I agree with you about those "know-it-all" people.
If you'll plan a trip there, by all means let me know! But you'd better plan a long one, 'cause I have many beautiful places to send you to!!!

And since I took a short walk to the memory lane, here's my Mom, my sister and my Grandma with me back in '77