Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Greenhouse: Stubborn Whiteflies, 1 by nautical99

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright nautical99

In reply to: Stubborn Whiteflies

Forum: Greenhouse

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Stubborn Whiteflies
nautical99 wrote:
E-crane, thanks for the advice. I have to admit I have no idea what worm castings are, or where I would get them.

Tiger, thanks for the info on the Talstar. Can you advise me as to how I should best use this product? And what I should use it on? The rep at the company adivsed this was a good product for most GH pests, also suggested it was a good perimeter spray for common ants, etc. If it is contact only, then I am assuming that is a waste of time. I chose this product as I have to small Yorkies and it is suppose to be fairly pet friendly. I never let the pups out after I have sprayed anything until I know everything is dry.

I did look at the Red Leaf Hibiscus as you suggested. This is a picture, (sorry so fuzzy) of one of the lower leaves. It has one fly on it, and I am assuming those white specs are the eggs.

I am going to remove the bottom third of all the leaves from the hibiscus, and many of the lower ones on the Plumerias, then spray with Neem. Should I increase the spraying cycle to every 4 or 5 days?

It has also been suggested that I try spraying with a baby shampoo mixture, 1-2 Tbls/gal.

Thanks again for your help.

Nautical