Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: The FLOWERPOT Cafe' X - Join us for a cup of Flowers!, 1 by starlight1153

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright starlight1153

In reply to: The FLOWERPOT Cafe' X - Join us for a cup of Flowers!

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of The FLOWERPOT Cafe' X - Join us for a cup of Flowers!
starlight1153 wrote:
Morning all!!!!!!! Just catching up since I still can't do to much. got into a nest of wasps and they did a realnumber all over the arms and back. Just glad my neighbors weren't home as I had to strip off the tee shirt to get them out of it.

Went out this mornign to see, if I could find anything blooming to try and cut, but got nothing but a couple of daylilies. This the worst year ever here for trying to get anythign to bloom. Evn the wild flowers form the heat and drought have died and that bad.

The veggies are struggling to and it all I cna do to try and keep them going. Couldn't make a flower arrangement, but made ya all a sign and let ya know I still hanging with ya.

I may have to seriously consider moving or something if I want to get any flowers. I put in 500 glads and all of them have some sort of rust on them from the humidity and heat being so high. Gonna have to rip them out and throw them away.

I just hope the fall mum crop doesn't go the same way.

Been busy taking down trees in one area and trying to get it cleared to grow and plant on. It not easy when they 60-100foot plus and ya gotta try and drop them and not in your neighbors yard.

The few plants I do have blooming, I don't dare cut cuz the hummers are visiting them.

Am sure enjoying seeing everybody elses flowers and been gathering some containers and vases from the market when I se them just incase I do get to get some flowers, but for the moment sure am enjoying learning.