Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Baker's Acres!!!, 1 by rcn48

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rcn48

In reply to: Baker's Acres!!!

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Baker's Acres!!!
rcn48 wrote:
Holly, what a perfect place for it! I agree, both thrilled and terrified - the picture below gives you an idea of the area we'd like to enclose - this was taken back in 2000 before we finished nailing the rafters for shade. The arrow shows where the stairs go down and this is where the "sun room" would stop so we wouldn't lose access to the stairs. There are also built in deck planters that I still want access to so we would have to leave a 'walkway' on the right. You can't see it in the picture, but the wall of the house where our bedroom is, is on the left. We'd need a door from the bedroom and another one placed in the middle of the picture to allow access from the deck. Our biggest problem, other than actually doing it, is trying to figure out how to attach it to the house because the roofline is pretty low and it's going to be tough to figure out how to flash it properly, etc. We're DIY kind of people but I think we might need a little more expertise in this situation which means $$$$ :( I'm sure "your" Rick could figure it out though, he seems a little more 'handy' than mine - just don't tell "my" Rick I said that! LOL