Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Rural Gardening: Cacklin' thread for chick'n'chat, 1 by TamaraFaye

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright TamaraFaye

Subject: Cacklin' thread for chick'n'chat

Forum: Rural Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Cacklin' thread for chick'n'chat
TamaraFaye wrote:
thanks to DustyDS for this idea. seems it has been done in the past, but not for a while, so i wanted to get this started.... just one little thread to chat away on, [LOL like it is gonna STAY litte?] bragging about our fowl... ummmm, goats, and other live-stock. yes, that would include guinea pigs, meal worms and fly larvae too!

so..... because we now have five less eating roos, we also now have two less dogs and one less cat. but not for long, puss'n'boots turned out to be a female, and is PREGO! hopefully the youngest chicks are too big for the rats now. we must have another influx of young cotton rats, my herb garden was completly eaten down save for two small rosemary plants. ARGGGHHH! this after the destruction of one raspberry seedling and 7 clematis seedlings.... this IS war...

all seedlings are now living in pots in the dining room.... with Zook and Yook, my new frizzled cochins, and Chocolate, the first of my brown "Giant Buckeyes", and his 52 buddies, asst bantams from Ideal, thanks to our friend the Chicken Fairy...

and if we count everyone, including the new pigeon, the ducks, geese and guineas, then we now have just more than twice what i started with two years ago in March... despite all the heartbreaking losses...

so, has the chicken fairy been good to you this year?