Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Baker's Acres!!!, 1 by rcn48

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rcn48

In reply to: Baker's Acres!!!

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Baker's Acres!!!
rcn48 wrote:
A close second for my favorite - Leea coccinea 'Rubra' http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/60374/ - another one for the "jungle"! They only had two of these left and one was by the front entrance. I fell in love with it immediately and Rick missed seeing it completely! Told him to check it out while I was scurrying around finding other treasures. In the meantime he had headed for check out with our TWO carts and took our purchases back to the car. Then we found more treasures in the perennial section and after checking out for a second time l asked him if he had seen the plant - nope :( He's such a sweetheart, when we got back to the car to get everything loaded, he had grabbed the Leea when I wasn't looking and whisked it off to the car :))) This picture doesn't do the plant justice - the flash went off when I took it - but you can get an idea of how rich the foliage is by the new shiny foliage. When I got home and read more about it, I found out it might get as big as 6'!!!